This is the chalk paint Terri mixed up that’s working such wonders in the Duvall House:
- 1 cup flat or eggshell latex paint
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup Plaster-of-Paris
- Stir together warm water & Plaster-of-Paris. (Add more water or plaster to thin or thicken the mixture, as needed). No lumps.
- Pour into paint and mix thoroughly.
- 1:3 Plaster-of-Paris to paint.
- Keep paint stirred, with lid on when not in use.
- Use stiff bristle brush; chalk brush recommended.
- Scrape peeling paint and flakes prior to application; wall surface does not have to be smooth.
- Apply paint in a circular motion; goal is to work the paint mixture into wall surface.
** Chalk paint has 101 uses. Do a Google search. You’ll be amazed…
~ Debbie M.