FULL-TIME SEASONAL POSITION
Clayton McLain Memorial Museum and Archives
101 Hill Avenue, Cut Knife, SK
Seasonal: June 14 through August 2023
Hours: Wednesday through Sunday 9am – 5pm
Wages: $17 / hour
Deadline to apply: Friday, May 26, 2023
The Clayton McLain Memorial Museum consists of 12 heritage buildings containing artifacts that once belonged to the area’s early settlers and Indigenous Peoples. It is located adjacent to Tomahawk Park, home of the World’s Largest Tomahawk.
The Museum Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the museum and the supervision of a Heritage Assistant. The Museum Supervisor will report to the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare the heritage buildings for the season opening, which includes cleaning the buildings and displays. Note maintenance or repair issues.
- Welcome tourists and local visitors to the museum, lead groups through the buildings, answer their questions based on the information provided.
- Perform visitor services and other administrative tasks as required, including gift shop sales and inventory, guest book records, and seasonal visitor statistics.
- Account for monetary donations; make bank deposits; purchase supplies, as necessary.
- Create and implement work plans to ensure building interiors, artifacts, and display cases are cared for and cleaned, and that the museum grounds are tidy and maintained.
- Catalogue artifacts as time permits.
- Assist the Board with the museum’s Canada Day event and Coffee at the Museum afternoons.
- Assist with Facebook and Instagram posts.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
The successful applicant will enjoy working with the public, be self-motivated, and familiar with local services and attractions. Training will be provided in heritage industry standards.
Please note applicants do not need to be within a certain age group or returning to an educational program in the fall.
The museum may be able to accommodate some flexibility with weekend schedules over the course of the summer. A successful applicant who has a keen interest in museums may be eligible for additional learning opportunities.
Interested? Please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.