- To promote an increased understanding of the diverse cultures, relationships and events that have formed the history of the Cut Knife area.
- To establish an archive of the oral, written and visual history of the Cut Knife area.
- To collect, preserve and interpret the material culture of the Cut Knife area for the benefit of its residents and visitors.
Board of Trustees
- Clayton McLain Memorial Museum is a non-profit organization under the governance of the Clayton McLain Memorial Museum Society. The Society operates through a Board of Trustees.
- Representatives from the Town of Cut Knife, the R.M of Cut Knife and the Cut Knife Chamber of Commerce also sit on the Board.